PMI-RSS May 2021 Chapter Meeting with Ron Tsang
Effective Communication in 2021
Whether at the office or working from home, how can we communicate more effectively?Now more than ever, projects fail due to ineffective communication. The majority of project managers surveyed by PMI agree: effective communication is the most critical success factor in project management.
- How to deliver communications that are more clear and concise, in-person and online
- How to write professional emails that get results
- How to have more productive communication with cross-functional teams, sponsors, and stakeholders–at the office or at home
- How to manage issue escalation when communicating with remote teams
- How to identify the right communication channel in any situation
Ron Tsang is a former Bay Street investment analyst who evaluated thousands of presentations from CEOs and CFOs. Now Ron specializes in helping smart people become even more effective communicators. His most requested topics include effective speaking and writing skills, executive presence, intercultural
communication, negotiation, and influence.
Ron is a business keynote & workshop speaker with clients that include Canada's largest financial institutions and tech companies. He is also a business communication professor at Centennial College’s School of Business and a lecturer at the University of Toronto’s Rotman Executive Programs.
He is the Past President of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) - Toronto Chapter, and is currently Programming Director of the CAPS National Board. Ron is also the author of From Presentation to Standing Ovation: 15 Actionable Ideas to Achieve Massive Influence.