PMI Regina/South Saskatchewan
A Message from the President
Greetings Regina South Sask Chapter Members!
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far and staying healthy and safe in this “brave new norm”.
- WEBSITE: We migrated our website to the MG2 platform and changed out our back office suite to M365
- If you've sent an email to the chapter and haven't received a response - please send it again. With the major technology changes we've made, we would hate to miss one of your submissions.
- PDC: a one day virtual event on Tuesday Nov 16-17- registration open
- CHAPTER MEETINGS: August through December Chapter Meetings will all be virtual. Here's hoping to see you all in person in 2021!
PMI Global Covid-19 Related Updates:
- Updating COVID-19 Update Page on an ongoing basis.
- Waiving rescheduling fees for all certification exams until 1 October.
- Automatically extending all candidates’ exam eligibility until 18 January 2021.
- Launched the new PMI Beta Bot, a 24/7 chat bot to answer your basic questions. Check it out on the Contact Us page.
- Created the PMI Customer Care Alexa Skill so members and certification holders can link their PMI.org account to any Amazon Alexa-enabled device to ask Alexa: “What is my member (or certification) since date?” “What is my membership end date?” “When does my certification expire?” “How many PDUs do I have?” Try it today!
President, PMI – Regina South Sask (RSS)
21 January 2021
PMI-RSS January 2021 Chapter Meeting with Michael Nir
21 January 202112:00 to 13:00
18 February 2021
PMI-RSS February 2021 Chapter Meeting with Marianne Bell
18 February 202112:00 to 13:00
18 March 2021
PMI-RSS March 2021 Chapter Meeting with Lauren Sergy
18 March 202112:00 to 13:00
Working From Home Tips
Amid the novel coronavirus outbreak, in response to advisories from public health authorities, municipal, Province of Saskatchewan and the Government of Canada declared a state of emergency, forcing many companies to implement mandatory work-from-home (WFH) policies. For some project teams, working remotely is either an everyday activity or a totally new playground. No matter which category you belong, working from home because of the coronavirus pandemic might feel overwhelming – unprecedented, in its entirety. These coping strategies will help you take ownership of your roles while getting work done and maintaining your overall well-being.
Grow Your Skills
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today's economic climate.
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Make your mark on our PMI Chapter and the profession. As a member, you can volunteer to work on and to lead activities that advance the profession and support the chapter business operations by joining our chapter volunteer community. All volunteer openings are managed by the PMI Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS). This system includes the ability to search for opportunities, view details about each role and apply online.Explore
Earn PDUs by Volunteering
Volunteering Project Management Professional PDUs can be earned as part of Category E: Volunteer Service. Category E, along with Category D (Creating New Project Knowledge) and Category F (Working as a Professional in Project Management), comprise the Giving Back To The Profession Categories. You can earn PDUs in Category E (Volunteer Service) by providing volunteer, non-compensated project management, and many others.Explore
Speakers for our Chapter's Events
Our PMI Chapter welcomes proposals from passionate speakers interested in sharing their experiences, knowledge and expertise on such topics as general business and strategy, leadership, project management, and technical or industry-specific specialties. Our Professional Development events provide professional development units (PDUs) of educational information necessary for those attendees maintaining certification designations. Speakers are also eligible to claim PDUs for their creation and delivery of the presentation material.More Information
Find your next job!
No jobs to display
The Project Management Institute, with members in 135 countries, is the world's foremost authority for the project management profession. PMI sets industry standards, conducts research, and provides education and certification opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. Our chapter proudly serves all the local and national professionals in the space of Project Management. We currently have thousands of members - over half of whom hold PMI’s esteemed PMP certification - and represent nearly 400 unique companies across the globe.
PMI RSS Chapter & PDC Sponsors
PMI RSS Chapter Sponsors